Who is a not a good candidate for online therapy?
People who are not good candidates for online therapy are the following:
- Couples where there is active intimate partner violence (IPV) are not candidates for online therapy. You should seek a couples therapist in your geographic vicinity.
- Couples in which there has been a disclosure of a recent or ongoing affair.
- Individuals and couples with active substance abuse issues.
- If you are actively homicidal or suicidal, you should immediately and urgently seek local mental health resources.
- If you believe you have a serious and undiagnosed mental health issue, it is advisable that you seek a therapist in your area for face-to-face treatment.