Desired Skills & Experience
All applicants are required to:
- Be licensed in Massachusetts as a Ph.D., Psy.D., LMHC, LMFT, or LICSW
- Give evidence of/or be willing to undergo substantial couples therapy training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy, Schnarch Crucible Model Sex Therapy, and Johnson's EFT
- Have at least 5 years of post-licensure clinical experience
- Have a background and/or demonstrated interest in human sexuality
- Expect to work either two evenings each week or one weekend day
- Be GLBTI-friendly, aware, and welcoming. It is a definite plus if applicant has experience working with the transgender population
- Be willing to sign a non-compete contract for personal private practice in sex and/or couples therapy within a 50-mile radius of NSTA
- Be used to working with a range of sexuality issues, and be familiar with—or willing to train in—treatment protocols for ED, PE, DE, and men and women's sexual health and sexual pain disorders
NSTA is committed to providing culturally competent services and expanding our sex therapy services to more diverse communities. We have a commitment to provide the broadest base of abilities and competence to serve the intersectionality of identities and concerns that clients bring with them to treatment. Applicants with experience working in communities of color, especially African-American and Latino communities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Substantial training will be provided for the right candidate.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by mail to:
Northampton Sex Therapy Associates, LLC
Director Jassy Timberlake, M.Ed., LMFT, AASECT
40 Main Street, Suite 103
Florence MA 01062
Please note that telephone inquiries will be not be accepted.